HOME Korean BuddhismBuddhist Essays

Buddhist Essays List

Total 143. 8 page
Buddhist Essays List
No Subject / Topic Date Read
38 It’s never the worst I recently met an acquaintance whom I had not seen in quite a while. She no longer had the young face that I remembered. Hers was the rough face of an urchin, a vagabond, and looking at her left me with a peculiar feeling. She did not have the look of an 07 Jul 2006 5,512
37 Why are Ananda, Vasubandhu, Asvaghosa and Nagarjun… If you look closely at the Lineage of Dharma Transmission of the Seon school, one peculiarity catches the eye. From Ananda, to Vasubandhu, Asvaghosa and Nagarjuna, the Seon lineage includes a number of persons who seem incongruent with the image of the ma 03 Jul 2006 5,662
36 [Counseling] How to live and survive in our societ… As a college student, the most important goal in reality is to learn and practice for future job after the graduation. Although anyone can choose and change his or her job at any time, it is not easy in actual reality. For most people, what they do for li 26 Jun 2006 5,412
35 Identity Crisis "You know the world’s messed up when the best golfer is black [Tiger Woods], and the best rapper is white [Eminem]," quipped the basketball great Charles Barkley. Barkley taps into something important about how it is becoming harder to assume that race, c 16 Jun 2006 5,471
34 The Art of Meditation Meditation can be practised in two main ways: either by stopping and cultivating concentration and enquiry in a systematic way using the tools of awareness: breath, sensations, sounds, thoughts and meditative questioning; or by paying attention to life mo 14 Jun 2006 5,727
33 The Sound of a Bamboo Clapper I received a call from a fellow monk who just completed a three-month retreat and is off for some rambling meditation. His pleasant voice said he will stop by and visit me on his way. At that instant, I nostalgically thought of a pair of white rubber shoe 08 Jun 2006 7,012
32 The Offering Remarks on the Buddha’s Birthday Written by the Ven. Dobum Sunim, the President of the Sangha Association of Korean American Sangha in East Coast 01 Jun 2006 6,178
31 The Seon and Doctrinal Schools as Represented by M… The Mahkasyapa and Ananda that we know and recognize today reflect the values of the Seon schools that emerged much later, and are therefore different from the two who lived at the time of the Buddha. In fact, the current depictions of many people who app 30 May 2006 6,346
30 The Titmouse’s Nest Some days ago, listening to the "ttok, ttok, ttok" sound from outside my window, I found myself as if lost in a trance. On the way out to water the tree I had been tending, I finally became aware of what had been making that noise. I saw a titmo 25 May 2006 6,000
29 What is the True Last Word? Dharma Talk for the 2550 (2006) Summer Retreat by Seon Master Dorim Beopjeon Patriarch of the Jogye Order 17 May 2006 5,531
28 Meeting a Beautiful Person It makes you happy to meet a beautiful person. A person who can meet nice people every day is fortunate. In life, you soon realize that it’s not easy to meet nice people. In fact it is quite difficult. As a matter of fact, we tend to meet people we dislik 12 May 2006 5,967
27 What a meeting the festival is! The celebration of Buddha’s birthday in Korea must seem to some foreigners like a the blooming of a mysterious and magnificent flower that lurks beneath the surface of the earth for some 360 odd days and then around the end of April comes sproutin 10 May 2006 5,814
26 Celebratory Speech With reverence, today we celebrate the anniversary of the coming of the Buddha. Today is also the birthday of all sentient beings in the limitless universe. Sakyamuni Buddha taught that all sentient beings are originally enlightened and in the future wi 03 May 2006 5,743
25 History of the Lotus Lantern Festival Origin of Lotus Lanterns During the era of the historical Buddha Sakyamuni, it was a common practice to make offerings to him by bringing food, scattering flowers, burning incense and lighting lanterns. From this custom evolved the famous story of an imp 02 May 2006 8,139
24 Dharma Talk in Celebration of Vesak - Year of the … Today is the birthday of the Buddha, the one who accomplished the transcendent life of no-birth. Though you may search everywhere and never find the place in this world where it exists, within the truth of “everything is Buddha” the essence of reality is 27 Apr 2006 5,851
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Search
컨텐츠 상단으로 이동